View Single Post
Old 26-09-2018, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
Do you practice mantra ? Not something i'm knoledgeable about, but i find fascinating how some sanskrit sound will produce effects on the differents energetic bodies. In the hindu tradition they say the gayatri and om namah shivaya are the best mantra anyone can practice without receiving it from a master. They say these mantra can lead to moshka. Is mantra considered similar to raja yoga, since they work to silence the mind ?

I've practiced it before and I felt the effect within the first few tries of using it. I am sure that if I continued to practice with it I would develop the skill even further. I don't practice it regularly though. Maybe I should haha.

the best way to find out what mantra feels like is to practice it. Takes like 5 minutes to learn it through watching a youtube video. Very wise way to spend 5 minutes. Practice for me was so smooth and fun and easy and rewarding that I first did it for 45 minutes when I only intended for 15. I also felt very relaxed afterwards, like after a very good meditation session but even better. Maybe because mantra is easier to practice in my opinion, meditation is harder for me personally but I like it more.