View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Guide

From Reiki to Qigong

Hi all. I began exploring spirituality just three years ago. Reiki was the first modality put in my path. I am now level two, and have learned from two different teachers as well as a mentor online...each with different techniques and perspectives. While I have found truth in bits and pieces from each of my teachers, I have since fallen out of practice over the last few months due to a recurring episode of month-long dizziness that no one can explain. Out of desperation I had a few acupuncture sessions which gave unpredictable results with each session. However, the concept of meridians and traditional Chinese medicine and practices had me very intrigued to learn more. I stopped going for acupuncture when the last session left me more dizzy then when I went in, and the questions I had for the acupuncturist went unanswered. I felt if they are sticking needles in my skin they better have a better explanation or more than a few words answer for how I can manage what symptoms were surfacing! I believe this particular practitioner was more interested in money than anything.

So here I am again, back at the drawing board searching for a modality that works and is not so unpredictable. Qigong has come up quite a bit on my radar the past several months and I want to learn more, if anyone can explain the difference between the two or share their personal experiences.

Please note, I am not knocking Reiki or Acupuncture. I am describing my personal experiences with each of the above, and am left scratching my head, a bit confused, as well as impatient at the moment.

Thanks in advance!