View Single Post
Old 18-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnantique
A brief backstory, i've been oversleeping since I was a boy of 15, i've gone through multiple psychiatrists and counselling throughout my life for not having "the will to life". I've been through multiple depressions and come out of it.

I'm 27 now, and my life is pretty good, i'm out of work due to studying but my bf is supporting me so it's pretty chilled. I go out with friends, still have money to buy things, have a good career on the horizon yet...I can't get out of bed in the morning and sleep in everyday up to 13 hours. I feel it's more like a by-product now of my depression, a habit.

I'm unsure why i have no discipline to break this as when i'm awake I so hate it and never want to sleep in again but come the morning I do it again.

I'm guessing it's a deep rooted not wanting to deal with life mechanism? I also love the idea of being able to astral project through my sleep but I can't go on wasting my life.

I've tried everything, no caffeine, loads of exercise, recording my sleep....unsure what to go about it now. I've even had a recent medical blood test and nothing came back, no sleep apnea, no hypersomnia, no chronic fatigue syndrome...this must be all psychological. I also go to bed same time every night at 1am and get a decent 8 hours sleep so it's not like I go to bed super late every night.

Please help. I want to stop sleeping in but every morning I roll over because I love it (and medically you can't be addicted to sleeping so go figure). Any adice?

I think I could do with some positive reinforcement, so give me all your reasons why mornings are good!

1am is super late, so an earlier bed time might be an idea. Besides that, you could google 'sleep hygiene' and see if anything helpful pops up.