View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account
For me, the fuss is about a sick ego. IMO, there is such a thing as a healthy ego or self image but even a healthy ego or false self can eventually become a problem so, I vote for finding and BEING the real me with an ego for a handy companion or side kick. Some say the ego or false self can be lost, dumped, eliminated, ignored, killed, silenced, etc. but I see my little ego as a useful tool so long as it doesn't take over.
A very accomplished sage, Ramana Maharshi once mentioned that his ego comes up again and again, he sees through it, and it does not HARM him. So, I take it that many folks, including sages and wizards, have an ego but have it under control rather than having it control them as is the case for many of us "normal" people. The ego just is. Now, does it run you or does something bigger, wiser and HEALTHIER run you. Ramana was run by Reality with an unreal ego on the side.

Here is a link to an extraordinary study of the ego or sub-personalities which teaches how to understand the various egos or selves that operate in most folks and how to EMBRACE our Selves rather than ignore or reject them. It may be the most useful and intelligent study of Self that there is. Enjoy: www.voicedialogueinternational.com/