View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Hi this is a piece of writing I wrote this morning in response to you're thread. Hope it isn't too abstract and thank you for allowing me the chance to share in such a fashion. Joe

It didn't seem like a role. My father had been at the Cinema I am told. He heard my cries as he neared my grandmother's house, I had just been born within the hour. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was the film he had seen. I often wonder looking back at how much of those 3 characteristics I have witnessed and been part of in my life to date ?

Was the theme of this film a kind of prelude to my earthly life which had begun in earnest. That the hero, the king philosopher and bodhisattva would become jesus at some stage of the cycle ? Leap from the walls of Elsinore Castle into Ophelia's arms or start a wave of synchronistic hands above head clapping at a Rolling Stone's Concert ?

Identity is everywhere. When we are not identified with our nationalism or our colour, we are identified with the new Vase that stands on the mantle piece over the fire. The flowers are a little faded but we can change them.

Out of the blue, a new baby is born in Dublin City Ireland. John Paul Satre said that Hell was other people, did he mean that my 8lbs odd had tipped the scales on the evil side ? Was the philosopher French man ever present at an Irish wake ? And yet could we run the film backwards and see me disappearing into non existence with Ennio Morricone's Trumpets disappearing back into the Mexican Deserts Changing to Green pastoral paradises ?

Being born is quite a thing ?

Hi...great writing...I like the question about a seeming coincidence about the films title and content and your life, coincidences are part of the illusion which when the vale is lifted we can clearly see how everything looks linked to sharply give us the realisation of unity...so of course you are part of the film as I am from my personality which I view with a smile...lovely post..thank you