View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
Is that bad? I know u should just capture it and put it outside. I just cant do that with every spider! I squished it and saw the small light of its soul ascending. Did i free it from being a spider? Or was it a disservice? I feel like it revealed itself to me because it knew how i would react. It was its time.

To stay alive we must eat other beings, 99.99% of the time we eat corpses but sometimes people eat live animals.

Life feeds on life. to kill is not against the laws of nature, it's actually a part of it.

Killing for sport is not part of nature. Killing out of fear, killing in defense of self, is a part of nature.

Sure, the spider probably wasn't a threat, but you didn't kill it for sport or out of malice. You just reacted too quickly because of fear and killed it. No big deal.

Feeling bad about it, that is normal. Trying to trick yourself into thinking that the spider let you kill it is your way of getting out of feeling bad.

Nothing wants to die. The spider wanted to live. However killing it wasn't necessarily a dis-service, the death would only be inconvenient to the spiders ego though. That is, if spiders have ego. To the true spirit of the spider you're doing no harm, simply moving it from one life to the next.

There is nothing wrong or terrible about being a spider. And in all likelihood the spider became a spider again in it's next life.