View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Dreams & Manifesting

I don't know if I'm posting this in the proper place, but I've been having an issue recently & wondering what others opinions are about it....
Lately (the past few weeks), I've really been trying to focus on manifestation. I've been doing vision boards, journaling daily, saying affirmations, meditation, etc...
I seem to do pretty well while awake. Negative thoughts still creep up somewhat, but I find an exercise to try to replace it with positive ones.
The problem I'm having is when I sleep. I have many different dreams throughout the night. Some are great, some anything but... the anything buts are my issue.
I'm going through a divorce right now after getting away from a full blown narcissist, who (in my opinion) took great joy in destroying my self worth & any worthwhile goals I had. His mommy was right there with him, making sure her only child was 'always happy'. I could go into details, but let's just say I'm in therapy trying to deal with how I allowed myself to be treated so badly for so long.
The bad dreams I have consist of me screaming at him & his mom over how I was done & telling them off, basically.
Confronting them won't happen in my waking life. It would be a massive waste of my time & energy. I've already, on a few occasions right after we separated, tried to explain to his mom how mentally damaged her son is & the hell he put me through. She listens, then runs back to him, he lies his butt off to her & she 'believes' him because I guess denial to her is better than facing what a screwed up mess of a child she raised.
So, I was wondering if my confronting them in my sleep means I need to do some other type of work on myself while awake? Can I control my dreams to stop the confrontations? Are there some sort of exercises I can do to help me get past all the mental trauma I went through? The separation has been about 10 months on, now (he's been dragging it out because I had the audacity to get a lawyer) & I've just started having the 'screaming dreams' recently.
I'm afraid it's been interfering with my manifestation goals. I've even gotten really physically ill once since the bad dreams started, even though I'd been quite healthy for a while now.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.