View Single Post
Old 28-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Oh, I definitely agree that this is all based on a particular premise and that premise may be unacceptable to others. I think your re-wording is commendable, a fundamental condition is more palatable than a requirement.

There are many who do not accept the cohesiveness of creation and therefore believe that separateness is a fundamental truth, I see separateness as an illusion which allows for duality. Opposites are connected in my opinion and opposites are the fundamental basis of duality.

So now I am happily stuck on using your wording of "fundamental," instead of requirement. Thanks!
Hi Starman,

So how about ‘splitting hairs’ further? (haha - not really - just the opposite, in keeping with the duality theme!)

Instead of ‘separation’, why not say, ‘differentiation’ (…of the One)?
This implies (for those who do accept the premise - that One Being undifferentiated, has, in another status of ItSelf, simply differentiated its ‘essential’ Self (static One Being all-conscious), into Many ‘instrumental’ selves (dynamic becoming as multiplicity - i.e., Nature).

In truth, none of those ‘aspects’ is really ‘separate’, but as individualized differentiations, they are simply unaware, or have very limited, partial cognition through a conditional fundamental ignorance, of their unconditional fundamental unity, or Oneness, with ALL. (although at a certain crucial stage, one begins to intuit this - notably artists, scientists, intellectuals - people who have, by dint of some specific practice, awakened or begun to engage the intuitive faculty which comes from a more subjective awareness, as distinct from a purely material/sensory/objective awareness - no matter how incomplete as yet).

The term, ‘illusion’ then, refers not to a negation of reality, but that in the conditionally ignorant status, differentiated beings have limited, distorted and false awareness of the more comprehensive truth of themselves, of others, of the universe, and of their own Transcendent Self which is emergent within an evolution of consciousness that is Life.

~ J