View Single Post
Old 18-02-2018, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
Hm...

Personally I think that when you look at the bigger picture, there have been such signs over and over again throughout history.
The Black Plague, Syphilis, Tuberculosis
Volcano eruptions, tsunamis, earthquakes since Ancient times
Corrupted governments and religious leaders all over time
How often has this been seen as a sign that the world is at end?
Yet humankind still exists.

I sometimes think that seeing the time one is living in as special in any way (era of changes, end of the world, what ever) is kinda thinking self-centered.

Maybe we DO live in an era of changes, in one of many, but I do not see why this should be signs that the end of the world is near.

But then, what do I know...

Indeed.

So, there is a difference today.
What is the difference? What do the ages of human history reveal to us, and in confirmation of the written prophesies?

The history of the Jews and Israel, for one, is a snapshot involving human nature, shared in the Bible.

We see alternating waves of peace and prosperity, with that of war and destruction.
Why?

Because in times of peace and prosperity, people become spoiled. Proud, arrogant, and rebelliant towards the Truth.
God is Truth.

Today, in the 21st century... the major difference is that thanks to technologies...
we are the, "global community".
The global, "neighborhood".

But human nature, the "fallen", inherent and evolved animal/mammal nature... remains the same.

Anyone recall the story of the "tower of babel" in Genesis? Why were the people confounded, and divided?
Because nothing that they aspire to do would be impossible to them.
Think about the various technologies undertaken and developed today. Humanity has the best intent, no?
But? We are betrayed... and by what?

Consider again human nature, and history.
Despots, corrupt regimes... and ego in human nature.
Which is related with the devil.
Which causes us to feel that this material and organic situation is the greater reality, when science itself tells us differently.
What does "the Book" describe to us regarding the seven deadly sins?
Greed for one, involving substance and, "mammon"?

I've seen the recent movie, "War Dogs". Have you?
Based on true story...
Last night, watched the now dated movie, "The Pelican Brief". Seen it?
Interesting, regarding certain current events.

Wow, Deja Vu.
(BTW, that's a movie too. 2006)

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein