Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
I love the coin and the endless football field thing, that's basically how I see it too. As the "normal" identity of the ego, we are holding the coin right up to our eyeball. ... I've been experimenting with ways to bring people there. I mean, is it just me or will this thing be the end of suffering?
LOL! The ways in which peeps can see and not see at the same time!

What I 'see' is that 'suffering' is one of the transpersonal 'coins' on or, if you wish, one of 'sections' of that football field. So the desire to 'end' suffering therefor appears to reflect a wish to just play with/on a part of the whole field. What's up with that?

That's just a rhetorical question to set the stage for my 'revealing' the answer.

Quite a while ago, when about half my present age, my understanding (i.e. subordination to the requirements) of the Entity/Entirety of Life reached the point where I realized that if I could just snap my fingers and eliminate all suffering (injustice, etc. etc. etc) in the world - hahaha, talk about playing 'God'! - I wouldn't do it. Why? Because I reached the point where 'saw' that without 'suffering' 'injustice', etc., things like empathy, compassion, caring-love (not just I 'love' ice-cream kind of love), wisdom (etc.) would never be stimulated to develop. So 'ending' these would just result in an 'ecological' (I reference spiritual ecology, now) disaster!

Two quotes to stimulate further thought in this regard:

"In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (from John Ch.16)

"The righteous who worship Me are grouped by stages: first, they who suffer, next they who desire knowledge, then they who thirst after truth, and lastly they who attain wisdom." (from The Bhagavad Gita, Ch.7)

Oh, and one more, for grasshoppers (click here for the meaning) who think they have gotten to the point where they actually 'see' (i.e. understand) it all:

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (from I Corinthians, Ch.13)