View Single Post
Old 16-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I was interested in a special program to cure my neurological seizures, caused by a kundalini awakening. ...what a load of unmitigated rubbish! ... So, I'm just gonna do what I do and follow nobody!" ... Back in the past, Teachers were teachers, students were students who either meditated, taught, did their own thing and that is how it was.

From another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The past two days have been spent doing Balinese dance, listening to Rudrashtakam and the Shiva Panchakshara Stotram basically non-stop and going into the medicinal properties ashwaghanda, shilajit, reishi mushrooms and other adaptogens to produce adrenal DHEA - I've been going into and out of trance states, often finding myself staring at 'nothing' for hours while my hands are doing auto-mudras, seeking to improve function of the connection between my amygdala and prefrontal cortex in regards to the conversion of emotion.
It occurs to me that the 'neurological seizures' you mention may well be a (side-effect?) 'result' of the phenom you have identified as your 'kundalini' awakening.

It also occurs to me that the 'practices' you describe in the second quote above have a good chance of (A→B) serving to intensify the 'kundalini' seizure (i.e. 'B') phenom you mention wanting to find a way to eliminate (cure?).

In case my above two hypotheses are 'correct', I wish to point out the ill-logic of thinking/feeling/believing that repeating more of A will lead to anything other than more of B.

Also, in case I am 'right' in the later regard, I would like to suggest that you focus on identifying and contemplate behaviorally modifying the factors which keep you invested in repeating said practices, thinking/feeling/believing that your personal power and efficacy at doing them is a 'sign' of something special (about 'you') maybe, or that "going into and out of trance states, often finding myself staring at 'nothing' for hours while my hands are doing auto-mudras, seeking to improve function of the connection between my amygdala and prefrontal cortex in regards to the conversion of emotion" is as desirable a 'result' as you think-n-feel-n-believe it to be. Not saying it is, just saying there may be a 'seizure' 'price' you 'pay' for it, and that more conventional (i.e. modern medical science prescribed) anti-'seizure' may have functional (in terms of Quality-of-Life-in-'the-world'-Experience) benefits worth (re?)considering, despite the 'slow down' associated therewith not being as spiritually 'sexy' (i.e. 'exciting').

Just throw what's said above in the trash if you deside it's off point and so not worth considering.