View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Master
BBC blocked the video in my country... and we're like the Queen's subjects! Hey, this is not a sour grapes reply, nor do I normally write off things without giving them a fair shake. But when I saw that title - God on Trial - my first thought was I don't have to watch that. Anything that portrays "God" as: 1. a being; and 2. something humans are capable of fathoming with their intellect, is already heading down a track leading to nowhere. Rather, it's the last remnants of Dark Age belief and consciousness that's on trail now, not "God." Basic 21st-century spiritual consciousness and understanding. I posted this a few days ago:

Your God is not God: A man who believes in God can never find God. Belief is a form of self-protection, and only a petty mind can believe in God. The mind can only project an image, but that projection is not real; so your god is not God — it is an image of your own making, an image of your own gratification. There can be reality only when the mind understands the total process of itself and comes to an end. When the mind is completely empty — only then is it capable of receiving the unknown. The mind is not purged until it understands the content of relationship — until it has established the right relationship with everything. Only when the mind is wholly silent, completely inactive, not projecting, when it is not seeking and is utterly still — only then that which is eternal and timeless comes into being. ~Krishnamurti

Nevertheless like all things, I'm sure the video is interesting in its way and that there's much to ponder and learn. The historical aspect of it all for example.