View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:38 PM
freedancer

the ecstasy of release

Hey everone,
I haven't actually experienced death myself but have witnessed it firsthand 4 times now.Thought i might share this with you,maybe it will be of some comfort to those that fear dying.
When i lost my partner last August,i had pulled back the duvet to put some boxer shorts on him(he spent his last days sleeping in the raw,bless him,he always loved to go commando!!) before the undertaker came.I was so shocked to see that his big toes were strained backwards,as if he were in pain when he died.As you can imagine,i found this deeply distressing and was so very very upset at the idea that he had died in agony.
A week later,i was talking to my friend who's a midwife,and i told her about what i'd seen and how bad i felt for him(Reg) that he'd died in so much pain.She gave me the best present that anybody has ever given me,peace of mind.You see,having experienced deaths during her years as a nurse,she had seen people who had died in pain and told me that this did not sound the same as what i had described.His toes were pulled backwards and she told me that if he had been in pain,they would have been scrunched downwards.Can you imagine the relief.
Now if this isn't too much information(hopefully) i remembered what his toes used to do when we were making love.My lovely Reg died in purest ecstasy.I am now not scared of dying.The climax of my life,will be the climax of my life(is that too much?My apologies if so but i take great comfort from this thought)
I believe what my friend told me and will never be able to thank her enough for putting my mind at rest on this point.