View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 06:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
So after reading multiple NDEs I noticed that it was being said that before we were born we all made the decision to incarnate on Earth and become physical. I wouldn't have any trouble believing that concept if it weren't for the fact that I most likely would NOT have chosen to be here if I knew what my life was going to be like. Or are some of us forced to incarnate as ''punishment'' for something or to be forcefully taught?

Some are reborn on account of karma or the unconscious tendencies created by cravings and aversions in past lives.

Some get reborn voluntarily out of compassion to serve the creatures of the world, though they really don't enjoy coming to the physical world due to the pain and suffering involved in it, and would rather prefer being in the astral worlds.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon