View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalVisions82
Do you believe heaven exists? I heard from some near death experiences that you can manifest anything through thought there. So what's your idea of Heaven?

I think that a sort of astral universe exists which is subtler than the material universe. The vision of the astral universe may perhaps be what the near death experiences refer to as in light and seeing one's physical body from a distance and so on.

Paramahamsa Yogananda has put a very detailed description of the astral universe through the experience and words of his resurrected master Sri Yukteshwar, in his famous book, 'The autobiography of a yogi. '

I think it is this astral universe that is referred to as heaven in various religions.

The golden age and silver age, as opposed to the bronze and iron ages, are also referred to as heaven in certain religions.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon