View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Master
Firstly, I won't bother with the 20 question drill Ground's post, because the questions are not sincere inquiries. They present as a challenge, they are loaded and contain double binds; and we don't want to sidetrack into a lot of idiocy, because this is a serious subject.

Each post is an increment, and this is never going to arrive at an answer, never come to a conclusion, so any feeling of impatience - that 'get to the point' - will not be fulfilled, as no point will be reached.

Perhaps the minds of readers have read previous posts, and either followed the discourse or they didn't, but if they did, and I said it well enough, we now have a sense of what is meant by 'looking' - which is not seeking - and you might notice if you looked, being prompted by the examples in the previous posts, that seeking stopped in the moment looking started.

That's as much as I can say now, but if we've understood 'looking' then we should proceed - because it isn't simple and it is complicated - to start where it begins and go through each step without missing any one.

I know people don't write in this way, and people aren't used to it, and perhaps I should post in tweet fashion to appease the average attention span, but meditation requires more attention than that of a goldfish, and this isn't supposed to be easy. The way I like to say it is, give it all you have, because it takes all you've got.