View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Master

Hash Browns

I know there is little to no nutritional value in these, but they are so good, we have them about twice a year.

Helps if you have strong arms or a food processor.

Peel 4 -6 large potatoes (4 usually serves 4 people but you may want extras it is so yummy)

Grate them with the food processor.

Add garlic powder (I don't measure this, but I think its about 2 tablespoons, maybe more - we like garlic) vegan worchestershire sauce (shoot, I never measure this either - about 4 - 6 squirts from the bottle)

Put in a bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap - for those that don't use plastic wrap, use a bowl that has a glass cover. You want them basically to steam.

I usually microwave them for about six to eight minutes, the same amount you would cook a baked potato at. They come out of the microwave very steamy and sticky - like glue.

Heat a frying pan at medium heat and heat about 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter in the pan, then plop the potatoes in the pan and smooth them out to the edges with a spoon. Add some small butter dollops to the top and cover them and cook for about 5 minutes or more, until a crunchy crust forms. Flip this potatoey goodness using a plate, and add some of the butter underneath - don't put any on the top this time, and cover and cook for another 5 minutes or so,until a crunchy crust forms, or until you can't take it anymore and decide its done because you can't wait.

They are crunchy on the outside and gooey goodness on the inside, nothing like what you would get at a restaurant.

They are not very figure friendly, but for a twice yearly treat, they are scrumptious!