View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Experiencer
Indian omelet, pudla

I like this recipe a lot. I have done it three times now and I really enjoyed it. The flour makes it very light digestible and the recipe is very versatile. It's rich in protein. You can also use any left over veggies from yesterday.
I got this from a dutch vegan recipe site. The comments below said that some people find it too wet and they would use less water next time. I really don't mind it being so wet. If it's not well done on the inside it feels more like pudding. I like that too. When I baked eggs in the past I used to like it if the yolk would not have solidified completely. I liked them best when the yolk would still be liquid. So how well done you want it is a matter of taste.

65 grams chickpea flour aka gram flour
1/4 tsp backing soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs spices (indian curry, mexican, thai, wasabi, french, italian, etc.)
180 gram water (100 gram minimum)
1 tbs lemon juice
1 + 1/2 cup fine cut veggies

Mix the flour, soda, salt and spices in a bowl. Add gradually water and lemon juice and mix to a thick pastry. Mix the fine cut veggies thoroughly through. Let it rise for a little while.
Warm a frying pan with oil on low fire. Pour the pastry in the middle and spread it out to a thick cake. Use a spatula to get the last drops from the bowl. You paid for it...
Cover it and let it bake softly until the bottom is nicely brown and the top starts to curdle. Flip it around with a plate and let the top curdle well too. Take your time so the inside is nicely done and the omelet doesn't burn. I use the timer for 7 + 7 minutes to give it all it needs, it's worth it. Twice 5 minutes would be minimum.