View Single Post
Old 15-10-2010, 12:36 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
i realize all men are different but in general.. lol i can't figure men out!

The real questions is not what do men want, but what is it you find so inscrutable about them? Men are much more closely connected to the animal and intellectual aspects of human nature, while women are closer to the spiritual and emotional aspects. Another thing to remember is that, biologically speaking, humans are wired to be what is called "low level polygynists". What that means in English is that other species that have constant fertility, a similar female to male size ratio, and a slightly higher proportion of females to males tend towards males having several "wives" and females being faithful to one male.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with monogamy (I happen to love it), nor that we should all run off and join the FLDS. The wonderful thing about the human intellect is that it allows us to choose our behaviors instead of them being instinctually preordained. This means we can choose monogamy, even if it rubs against our biology. But the instinct is still there, and is born out in our patterns of sexuality, marital faithfulness, and stereotypes.

CS