View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 02:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile Spiritual States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I have a theory that it is very common to feel a deep sense of sadness/poignancy/even loneliness -on a Soul level. Sometimes there might be suffering in life to account for it, but sometimes for no logical reason as some people who have it are living fulfilling lives and have loved ones, friends etc.
I wonder if it is a form of 'homesickness'? For the Spirit state, from which we have come in order to have an Earth life experience?
Tobi: I came to the same conclusion after a lot of psychological/grief work to repair a damaged ego. It became clear that the next step, which perhaps could have been the first step, was to seek my lost Spirit State or home and I often had deep crying events much like "home-sickness" once my ego was well enough repaired to move up to Spiritual pursuits.
An interesting experience was had by Jack Kornfield who went to live in Asia and mastered meditation systems and techniques over there which made him ever so peaceful and happy but, as soon as he returned to his family in the US, he found himself sinking down into his unresolved grief and bad feelings that meditation had only covered up so he had to go into therapy to heal all of his hidden and unresolved family issues.
Jack is a world renown meditation teacher and therapist who recognized, through direct experience, that unhealed feelings cannot simply be covered up and left unhealed without dire consequences.
I am convinced that the Spiritual journey is the best thing but it might included having to deal with certain emotional issues that so many "spiritual" folks believe they can step over, around, ignore or whatever without having to do anything about their feelings. Maybe that is possible but it sure was not and still is not for me. There were times, in therapy, when I got so spiritually high that I was convinced I was done and had "arrived" but then, the next day, I was just as down and miserable as ever. I am not quite as down as before but no longer see spiritual highs as "IT" - as much as I love them and I often wonder about these so-called sages, gurus and Enlightened folks. Are they really all that free and clear or are they also emotionally damaged folks just putting on an ACT? I don't live with them so how would I know?