View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah i agree. But in this society it is hard to make a difference between all the competing stories dancing around in the mind like a pretty light show, and the demand to know everything's exact place in the scheme of things.

As far as to the wise and beneficial there could be construed to be a danger therein... but of course to the extent you learn not to try to get anywhere such danger jsut kind of disolves

I haven't followed buddhism before, for personal reasons. Although I suppose it is a bit much to be so stuck in just one genre. That said I'm not sure there is really anything new under the sun, beyond different colored candles.

You are so right about all the "competing stories dancing around". I take what resonates most with me and go with it.

I'm not sure if you've read "The Book of Balance and Harmony", which is a renowned anthology of writings by a thirteenth-century master of the Complete Reality School of Taoism. There is one quote in there that I really like.

"Effecting ultimate openness, keeping utterly quiet, .... I thereby watch the return".

A variation of that is: "In utter emptiness and complete silence, simply watch the return (to original nature)."