View Single Post
Old 24-11-2016, 04:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
What is it about Gurus ( most of whom seem to come from India ) that so many people from the West follow their every word or bit of advice with blind obedience and devotion?

Not meaning any disrespect, but did they eat from a special tree of knowledge or what ?

What makes what they say, any different from what someone you meet wherever, has to say ? Just because they come from India ? How come one never hears of a Guru from Alaska ? ( just a random choice ) ... or maybe a warmer place ?

If one listens to some of what is being said by a Guru, talk of love, compassion etc... one could hear the same thing, sometimes not always ... from someone who gets a bit sentimental & philosophical , after one too many glasses of wine . Isn't wine a drink of the gods ?

just wondering.......

Dream Angel xx

A true guru has a lot of shakti. That energy rubs off on people and you can feel it if your open to it. Transmissions, shaktipat, or whatever one calls it is an excellent tool for growth. With the kundalini shakti.

Has nothing to do with countries, culture, and talk imo. Has to do with shakti. Following somebody around to me is a silly act. Unless for some reason it opens them up to the person. And hey, if that works then my opinion is meaningless.

I have met two gurus. One from the us and one from india. I have also been to india and met many people far along.

I have little in common with any of them. The one from the us i like the most. And seemed to have the most power. Not that that is relevant to personality or culture. But i could dislike them and he open to the energy and who cares. If it works it works.

For me i treaaure being me but enjoy that im open to them. I dont have to be into anything to be open. I think that is possible for everbody. Thry are they and i am me. I dont see culture and or personality having anything to do with anything. But thats just my experience

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4