Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 09:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
That being said, I would never condone suicide as the effect on your family members will be life long, and sad and painful. You need to figure out why you think about this and find some way to think about living your life, being ok and loving the people who love you. So, if you decide to do this you need to remember that it is not just about you, it is about everyone you have encountered and interact with. Whether you get counseling or not, you are ultimately the one who has to figure out how to be ok.
I agree with this, cause our lives are more than about ourselves, but the people we have in it, (even if they are strangers that we encounter.) And to figure out the root that causes those thoughts that come up, I found that perhaps some part of them feels inadequate, not sufficient enough. I feel that's more of a fear, fear of the unknown, fear the worse to come of "what will come" - so they feel that they will just let other's down and ultimately make them feel helpless. Which they aren't helpless, it's just a matter of them seeing past that.