Thread: Thoughts on Ego
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I just read your first post in your "Merging" thread. Now I understand a bit more. I would suggest smoking seriously inhibits the ability to see life and reality as the means whereby we can come to experiential wisdom. Altering one's consciousness like that, is altering one's essential (human) relationship to reality. Altering essential reality in that way, makes reality "not real." That's the reason most people smoke and drink in fact, to avoid the reality of the world.

I don't smoke, I'm anti-mind-altering of any kind actually. But I'm not bringing this up for that reason. I'm pointing this out to explain why it is impossible to have an authentic dialogue with you on this topic. I'm standing on the beach talking to you, and you're out in the water beneath the waves, trying to communicate with me. Under these circumstances -- these two entirely different consciousness-perspectives we're each coming from -- I can't hear you, you can't hear me, and everything we say to each other is garbled.

I have no problem with those who wanna label subjective reality as objective or real.
The illusion is definitely practical and seems real by all intents and purposes.
As for the mind altering drugs; I wouldn't hold such black and white thinking that compartmentalizes others... these are just surface things, part of the illusion, part of the Matrix.
You eat food, you breathe air, you bathe in the sun... all these things are mind altering. But thanks for your input nevertheless.