View Single Post
Old 14-03-2023, 05:52 PM
Newbie ;)

I thought the usual theme was aliens or a witch sitting on your chest (which is why you think you can't move) hence the name "night mare". Never thought about ghosts though! I did once see one in bed as a child and perhaps I was in SP at the time. I used to get night terrors too (similar thing I think) and I remember an alien presence. Don't they think a lot of "alien abduction" stories are just plain old sleep paralysis phenomena? I thought it's just dream imagery that turns nightmarish because you're awake but can't move so your mind freaks out, so you think demons/ghosts/aliens/witches are holding you down. Interesting article but a bit of a buzzkill for me, takes all the magic out of it but then that's science for you! Although I would volunteer to have a lab OBE if they are offering!

@ThatMan definitely, those that want OBE's actually try to get into the SP state. Do you get vibrations with it? I'd love it if you have any tips for how to get into it, as it's been a while since I experienced it. And yes nothing at all to be scared of, you have to just ignore all the "noise". Sadly I think most people really just want to be able to break out of it not realising how useful it is (not me though, I'm gonna turn it into an OBE if I can!)