View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Pathfinder
I guess it's a very dubious concept since the ego is not something physical. Giving labels to immaterial things can be tricky, especially this whole 'ego' talk. Spirituality as profound as I believe it can be, and perhaps there are Buddhas out there that can break it into a science despite our inability to sense the immaterial but then again who's to say they're not just advanced Schizophrenics spreading their world view upon others who have not yet tapped into the immaterial for themselves and then subjectively percieved it in a much different way than the socalled Enlightened Buddhas. It's all very relative. I mourn the fact that we're still so far from understanding ourselves and our biggest tool for dealing with that is denial, which is why I came on here to try to understand for myself whether or not the way I view things is absolute... I still hold to the fact that we're all still to ignorant and delve into things beyond our conception for solace and comfort and maybe some who have lived in the past have gotten glimpses of things and called them 'ego' or 'spirit' or w/e but these meanings changed with time since the people themselves have surely changed and like you said, "lost their ego" one time and then gained a heavier veil perhaps. Anyhow, I'm gonna stick around for this thread to consummate but I had a bad experience talking about this in another one, not with you Necro, since I am enjoying your heart warming remarks, but with others and a part of me is afraid this could happen here as well. People simply don't understand your motive for bringing things to the light and question your authenticity and aren't willing to extend the benefit of the doubt and immediately assume where you're coming from and accuse you of doing the same. This hasn't happened here and I am thankful. But it has happened in another place where I even dared to bring up the notion that I might not have an ego but have had my share of experiences of trying to wrap my mind around what ego is and even spent years trying to annihilate my illusory ego and when it came down to it, I never fully understood what ego was, so I'm just giving up at this point and willing to admit that it is simply a lack of understanding on my part, yet I am still eager to learn, somehow, perhaps through some mystical experience of what is actually what, so thanks for participating in this convo Necro, and anyone else who feels to share. Namaskar.