View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Master
It's said that the skin is essentially the 'third kidney' and when the body has trouble clearing out the toxins and whatnot it uses the skin as an elimination organ, since it basically is. Sharing information about humans being frugivores and a man Dr. Robert Morse with a lot of answers isn't being received well on this forum so I am tempted to not bring it up, but I think it is important and helpful for anyone so that is what I would say to look into. The skin breaking out or having other issues can be a good thing because it shows your body is trying to detoxify, but of course it's much better to have the body functioning properly and able to deal with issues internally and usher them out through other means. Some people are so toxic that they can't even tolerate fruit or raw greens or vegetables and have to start detoxifying on cooked food working their way toward raw. but it depends on your body and how much you can put up with. the herxheimer reaction of healing is well-known. it can be a long journey or a shorter one if you really delve deep, but either way the important thing is to get out more toxicity than you put in. whole foods are important and stay away from processed things of course. watch what you put on your skin or around you in your environment too, I mean even scented candles are usually made with synthetic chemicals which are damaging, while there are essential oils which can be very healing and clearing. You can also try adding essential oils into your beauty and skincare regimen if you don't already. On that subject of essential oils, I also think it is worthwhile to consider other supplements. not vitamins and mineral supplements per se, but more along the line of herbs and specialty things like substances such as chaga tea, shilajit, turmeric and many other spices though those kind of fall under the category of herbs. These things can be life-changing for sure. Do you or have you used any herbs or other supplements, or are there certain ones that speak to you? I mean herbs can even be used topically. there are ones that do certain things of course but since most herbs benefit most people in most situations (not 100% cut & dry, but for the most-part) I like to ask people to consider it intuitively