View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
I have a couple autoimmune issues that cause me discomfort most days, pain others...and vigorous exercising always, ALWAYS brings on a doctor's visit! So, besides walking, which is getting boring, are there low-key, easy exercises that you do to keep your body moving?

I can't do vigorous exercises anymore (I miss pushing my body!!), extreme cardio, or running. What would you recommend? Haven't found any good YouTube vidoes for yoga so if you anyone can recommend a starting point, I'd appreciate that as well :) Thanks in advance, I'm getting flabs and lazy and it has to change :p

Walking? Boring?
It may feel boring mentally perhaps for your own reasons, but it is the best and most natural exercise you can do. We are built to walk! Our ancestors walked miles each day. It could not be better for you.
It benefits your whole system: Heart, lungs, digestion, lymphatic system, muscles, bones, ligaments, oxygenation of the blood, therefore better oxygen supply to everything including the brain.....
What might possibly be boring about it is...
Walking the same route every day.
Doing it because it's a 'fitness regime' rather than a natural function.
Not walking in pleasant surroundings.
Wishing to be distracted by other things. Many of those things 'indoor pursuits'?

You don't need to hit the gym or push your body at any incredible pace, or 'pump iron' or do anything unnatural or strenuous in order to keep fit.