Thread: Quantum Physics
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by forests
SerpentQueen all people do on forums is say to one another "you do not understand quantum physics". Firstly we need to establish who we are talking to here, from what I have seen there is only two physicists on this forum and that does not include you, the majority of folk on this forum are not scientists or even studying natural sciences.

As soon as a scientist turns to metaphysics or spiritual he is no longer a scientist, he is then a philosopher this is what happens with a great deal of books on QM becuase there is alot of interpretation involved, even mainstream scientists have dabbled in some of this,werner heisenberg wrote a book before his death etc . The book you pasted in was not written by a crank, it was written by decent scientist but his book is philosophy its not science, I am not ignorant here I know of that book I was going to buy it a few years ago with the "holographic universe", but notice on amazon how it is related to the god theory and a tonne of other far out spiritual books, its not a science book and shouldnt be read as one. The book has not sold outside of new age circles and has recieved poor reviewes by fellow physicists.

The new age/spiritual folk had no science to back any of their metaphysics but since the 1970s after the realease of tao of the physics, spiritual folk have gone mad with quantum physics thinking it proves their far out claims. The truth is it doesnt. QM is just the study of subatomic particles and has showed some very interesting things about the nature of matter, none of which debunk material science or support metaphysics.

New ages get the observer effect totally wrong, and secondly they completey fail to understand the double slit experiment - that is all their evidence consists of, they have nothing else. You may see the word "entanglement" being dropped now by a few aswell.

The only way to learn about QM is to speak and ask questions to well qualified professors in this area. I recently sent alot of questions to a professor and he admitted to me the spiritual interpretation of QM is deeply flawed, it has no basis in reality. QM fits in with physicalism @ (material science), it has not reavealed anything to do with spirituality, metaphysics or consciousness shaping reality.

a major misunderstanding by wishful spiritual seekers, some of which has already been explained on this thread, now before you say "thats just your opinion" actually type up some evidence of why you seem to think Quantum particles are influenced by the mind. Do you have any?

Again I hear you Forest, but I do not believe (without questioning) a Scientist or Doctor over my experience, simply on the fact that they have not experienced it yet themselves or that there is no scientific proof to back up what I experienced. Science does not have all the answers for everything and things are still being discovered today. You can accept that right?