View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
My guess would be the more enlightened you are, the more you lose interest in unconscious types of activities. Like say a bunch of drunk people sat down next to Buddha laughing and carrying on, Buddha would probably walk away. He was just into a different way of being.
Reminds me of a meeting with ‘my first’ Oz-Aboriginal Elder.

Having just moved to Darwin that day – gone out and when returning back to the hostel at night – 3 Aboriginal fellows sat on the ground. Two of them were *_issed as bats*, - shouting obscenities to the (white) passers-by.
The third one was sober and called me over and started talking to me with such respect and with such a quiet voice (like we were in a Church).
My gran used to talk at times with that kind of a ‘hypnotic’ voice, so I just naturally relaxed and *shifted my awareness* into (what I call) nondual communion.

He was *holding space* for the 2 - just staying present with them without judgement, sharing/understanding their upset …… till they would ‘right themselves’ again - making sure they would come to no harm.

A Tiwi (Melville) Islander Elder, whom I was – what can I say – blessed to get to know well.