View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Yet more unsupported assertions.
Any and all systems of thought/philosophy/religion (even ill-logical ones) are based on 'axioms' which are a priori belief-assertions which are assumed to be true, as in the case of the U.S.'s Declaration of Independence : "We hold these truths to be self-evident, ..." yada yada.

This is because 'axioms' cannot be 'logically' 'proven' - i.e. they are base-ic (assumed!) facts which do not 'stem' from other 'facts'. All asserted arguments derive from stated or unstated (as in the case of what you say) assumptions. The entire edifice of Science is based on a set of assumptions- https://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/basic_assumptions.

You are of course entitled to yours (your assumptions). I simply present mine as being ones which functionally represent what I both experience and observe to be 'true' about Life.

In my 'argument' I have simply asserted 'Intelligence' to be a basic (innate) feature of Life (Being, etc.) and 'Creativity' to be its core value (or innate 'motivation') and made some logical deductions therefore, the main one being that intelligent (discerning) e-value-ations (i.e. assessments and relative judgments) are aspects of ITs operation in all cases, a corollary one being that any and all 'postures' of non-judgmentalism - the word 'judgment' as used in the above sense) - is therefore (logically speaking) a pretentious 'dissociation' from the Reality of (one's) Life/Being.

I accept and appreciate the implications of the fact (pertaining to you) that it is your 'judgment' that what I have presented has no analogical bearing on Reality.

BTW, what I stated above is a just sliver of the philosophy I live by ('Creativity' has a certain 'character', IMO, which I haven't discussed here).