View Single Post
Old 25-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Master
I submit as a logical proposition that ...

... since both Intelligence and the Imperative to Create are innate attributes of any and all aspects of Life (Spirit, Soul, Being, That Which Is, whatever you call IT), ...

... both discernment (i.e. intelligent perception) of what is and/or isn't and/or potentially may be 'the case' in any givenn instance and judgment as to whether not this or that is more or less likely to serve Life's Creative Purpose ...

... are (always!) ever present aspects of Existence...

... though anyone may of course refuse to 'own' their own perceptions and judgments and so 'dissociate' themselves from them by, in effect, pretending and/or pretentiously claiming to not be personally 'defining' what's what or 'judging' its utility on the basis of the values which they personally 'regard' or 'feel' to be paramount in any given case ...

... maybe because they themselves can't fully believe in their personal validity or because they think others will 'reject' it as just being 'arbitrary'. Many therefore want to believe and claim that they can eliminate their personal subjectivity and so be non-dualistically objectively 'one' with absolute Reality. This, even though the fact really is that their (everyones!) subjectivity is really an undeniably integral aspect of absolute 'Reality' (no matter what!).

Even Jesus got snaffooed by this 'problem', IMO - as evidenced by his attempt to simultaneously jump through the same logical hoop in both directions in the following statement: "The Pharisees ... said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also." (John Ch.8)

A lot of people try to do the same kind of have-it-both-ways 'dance' with regards to things like 'discernment' (believing themselves to have and so claiming things like 'direct', meaning absolutely 'true', knowledge) and 'judgmentalism' (believing and claiming that they are 'beyond' being personally 'judgmental').

My suggestion is that you 'see through' such 'sleight of mind' machinations and also don't aspire or ever claim to be 'accomplished' in said regard yourself. Just be satisfied to 'see' and say what you 'see' and share the logic which supports your perceptions and e-value-ations.

I submit that your own purposes will be fulfilled and others' lives will also be thereby be immeasurably enriched in the process.

If the above makes sense to you, I suggest that you accept and embrace as an 'article of faith' that Life is best served (and because it lives in and through you as well as in and through every one else) that IT's purposes will be maximally fulfilled thereby.

IMO, we don't 'need' any more 'absolute truth' and 'supreme values' based 'totalitarian' philosophies fish-hooking a bunch a mindless people into either passively (as a result of inaction) or actively (as a result of 'blind' action) messing up Life's process because they do not assume personal responsibility for their own perceptions and judgments. It is time (NOW!) for individuals and humanity at large (in every kind of social milieu!) to learn to function at higher, more personally-n-interpersonally authentic, level.

Last edited by davidsun : 26-12-2017 at 01:26 AM.