View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Master
Sympathy- Feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.

Empathy- the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Apathy- lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

Clairsentience- The gift of Clairsentience is more psychic or intuitive in nature. Clairsentient’s can feel what other people are feeling and take this into their body, however they can also receive information about the emotion and why it is there.

You asked how we view compassion, I view it in the way I know how.

It isn't sympathy. I do not often pity others.

Pity/ sympathy is insulting to my sensitivities.

I am not empathetic. I do not feel the emotions of others in the same way an empath does.

I am able to feel the emotions of others, but my response is

Apathy. In I do not appear to show an emotional response when others are hurting from emotional pain- grief. I listen and remain silent.

I do feel emotions. But to be honest if someone is crying, I am not necessarily going to cry- the pain I feel is inside. It is debilitating. Immobilizing and deeply felt. It is tiring.

How I view compassion is a level of empathy- with the ability to step back with a level of indifference- not to mirror back pain.

How I show compassion is to listen with patience and understanding.

I often feel guilty as I am at a loss of how to help an individual the most I can do is let them speak and get it out, and hope they realize I am in pain, but can not do anything for their pain. I can be there. I can listen, but they will have to take full responsibility for their own healing.

I am only human. I can not possibly solve everything.

My compassion is viewed as a deep sense of pain I feel for others, but which I remain silent about.