View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hi Uma,

I came to this thread a few days ago, and was wondering if you still needed help with reading Chinese, but seeing that it was posted so many months ago, I assumed you no longer needed it. Then I see your post again today.

I have never heard of the 28 lunar lodges before, although I know about the dumai (and ren mai). I am not sure if I understand it either. Is it matching the stars to the meridian points? Like matching the inner universe with the outer universe?

Wanchain

Yes but even deeper than that because the outer points are interconnected with other points through a web of energy channels. Here is a post about the book that got me interested 5 years ago - I wish I could be able to read it: http://anniepecheva.blogspot.ca/2011...e-book-on.html

The 28 lunar lodges are the 二十八宿
They are linked to the 4 animals of the 4 directions - the 4 directions are Emperors and each has 7 Generals related to the seven parts of the dragons. It has something to do with I Ching. I Ching comes from Lao Tsu, an enlightened master. I would be interested to know what he had to say about them, if anything.

The mansions are marked on the 罗盘 luĆ³ pǎn compass used by feng shui practitioners (not so important to me).

Mantak Chia explains some of this as neidan: 內丹術. This is going more into the area I am interested in - relationship to chakras and chakras' relationship to cosmos.

The lunar constellations are worshipped in certain temples but nothing about that in English. I'd like to know more about that too. There are also folk stories about the Generals.

I can only find bits and pieces about the deeper meanings of the Governor Channel and the lunar lodges in China because there is not much in English and I have had to read through Google Translate. All this I have found through Google Translate.

So yes, anything you are able to help me find about would be great. I am interested in more enlightened sources, wisdom texts. What is the dumai really all about beyond "health"/"healing"? I believe there is much more.