View Single Post
Old 18-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Now don't get me wrong, I think there is inestimable value in Jesus' teachings. He emphasised love, compassion, non-judgment, repentance, and humility, amongst other things, and in my view he was right to do so. 'Get your own house in order,' he seems to be saying - and rightly so. Also, he points the way to the realisation of one's own divinity.

But it seems to me that an awful lot of Christians put the emphasis on the man, and not the teachings. They put Jesus on a pedestal, and act unworthy of him, and to me it just seems like passing the buck - 'I'm imperfect, but Jesus is perfect, so I'll look to him to save me,' they seem to be saying. They may pay lip-service to his teachings, but so often they don't appear to actually live it.
And THIS was why I was banned from an active Christian Forum....when I realized the above
and started a thread, "Christ is too much in Christianity".

He pointed continually to the Father....my point was only..."Hey, guys.....what happened
to the Father?" And I was banned; ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru