View Single Post
Old 29-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiane
Hi,

I am wondering has anyone experience in giving Reiki to children? I have Reiki 1 and 2 and enjoy giving Reiki to myself, friends and family. My son is 11 and I would love to give some Reiki to him. I know he would benefit from it greatly but my Reiki teacher always stressed the fact that kids are so much more sensitive than adults therefore you should only give small bouts of Reiki to them. But the small bouts dont seem to be enough to really help him become calmer, sleep better etc. And I find I am worried that something might happen if I give him too much....

Anyone with any experience or insight into Reiki for kids?

Thank you in advance, have a wonderful day

Christiane

I give Reiki to my 8 and 10 year olds all the time. Mainly I find their bowels move really well afterwards and sometimes they seem to release some emotional baggage but otherwise they are fine.

I once gave reiki to my 12 year old niece as she was experiencing really bad migraines. Due to the release process, she ended up with a severe rebound migraine a few days later. It scared the **** out of me and I never wanted to do it to her again. However, I was reassured that this was all a part of the process, and it was ok. I invested in some gemstones to assist with migraines so I could preform further healing on her and have a little reassurance that her symptoms wouldn't be as bad.

While I agree that children are more energy sensitive, I feel that in my experience it seems that only means they don't need sessions as long as adults, and not that they will experience worse effects.

I feel as though you should try not to give the idea of "causing him harm" too much of your thought energy. Just ensure that when you connect to the reiki energy, you ensure that you are giving intent for the reiki to be used "for the highest good of all", and follow your intuition as far as how much is enough for him and how often he needs it. It might be hard to keep your "mom intentions" separate from the reiki at first, but it should get easier with time. :)