Thread: Weightlifting
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akc1213
Gem- make when you dead lift you have correct forme. Your back shouldn't hurt. When you approach the bar one palm facing up, the other down- whatever is more comfortable for you. When you go to grab the bar pull your shoulders back stand up and push your hips forward. Your arms in the deadlift are simply hooks. Use your legs and breath to pull you up. Make sure you pop your butt put before you stand also. And mess around with your stance. Toes should be slightly turned out like when you squat. Powerlifting is amazing. You are a bad *** for doing it. Keep it up- being strong mentally and physically is admirable. ♡♡♡♡

Sure I know HOW to do the lift, but it took a bit of mobility training before I COULD. Now I have a lifting routine as well as a mobility routine geared toward the compound lifts.

I'm not a powerlifter per se because I also do overhead press and bentover barbell rows (off the floor)... (It is called the 'Pendlay Row')

The program I'm following now is called Stronglifts 5X5. I foirst got the idea off Rainbow.Sprinkles - a strong-girl on this thread.