View Single Post
Old 31-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
If you want a job, imo you just have to sound good to people..and also dress nicely, you know what's impressive tho when you go for a job interview? when you already know all about the place your trying to get a job at, you have done your homework and can suggest/discuss things to the person interviewing you what you think is really good about the place or what you think could be better (in a nice way) you just say alot of what you can do for them, you can say you would like the job alot, thats good but not good enough all the time. If you don't have skills for the job you want to do, alot of people say "sorry you need experience" you know? an then your like "how the frig am i ment to get experience if no one is letting me get experience? huh?" you can just do some short courses and then learn about it and put it on your resume.

Thats another thing aswell i think, it's good to have alot of things on your resume, courses you've done and jobs.. even if you haven't had a job in a while you can just make one up and put the referee to that job as your friends phone number and ask them to speak highly of you.. i have done that twice before, it was funny and worked both times.

However there has been a couple times i have not gotten a job because of my race, one lady even said to me "sorry but your not like us" ... i just laughed, ok what ever.

Ah, yes I'm well aware of the 'experience vs education,' thing going on lately. Luckily I was apart of job training school that also gave me vocational certifications who taught me how to create a resume that looks as impressive as you make yourself. There's skills on my resume that I didn't really even get from training, just from life experience, and it passes well. Business Administration does good things for people in my fields.

I've had people deny me for race, even my hairstyle, as I have dreadlocks and not the more unkempt versions of them. Thanks to some misconception, people think we can wash are hair and choose not to and that's actually very far from the truth.