Thread: worst movies
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I was not a fan of Happy Feet either. It was not that good of a movie. I was surprised that it made a sequal.

I did not think the first three star wars movies, or the last three depending on who you speak to are as bad as some people make them out to be. I will say the first movie seemed like it was really long, and Jar Jar Binks was too much of a stereotype to be believable as a relateable character. I did not like how characters just appeared throughout the movies with no actual story with them. Such as Dooku, Grievous, etc. I did like the third movie and thought it was really good and showed a good side to the vader/anakin. I didn't like how the force went from being about energy type stuff to being almost like possession. Perhaps to take the religious aspect out of it.

As for bad movies. Anything where Tom Green has a major role in it. I don't know how it got so popular at the time, but his movies were terrible. Such as his Freddy got... movie.

I'm not a fan of those horror movies where there killer has been shot, stabbed, lite on fire, and keeps on going. They just are not relateable to me.

Or the movies that are poorly written so they use a lot of special effects to try and compensate for the poor story telling. Like in Spiderman III.

Same here.
I was somewhat shocked that Lucas decided to make the Force like some kind of bacteria that could be measured with a Star trek like tricorder.
And yeah, Grevious( the red devil guy with horns?)
A real badass character, but he shows up and then he's killed.
Sort of like the albino twins ghost people from Matrix 2,3?
Unstoppable, real story plot material, and , oh look, they're not unstoppable, they now dead.

I simply did not like the director's choices for dialogue and acting.
And his obsession with GC as opposed to those two things.
Yes, two and three got a little better, but the pleasure was few and far between the pain for me.

My son described a few scenes from a Tom Green movie.
I will never watch one.

Spiderman I was ok.
The first movie is always about the birth of the superhero, the transformation, so you've got to be pretty lame to stuff that up.
I saw the sequel with the black evil spiderman in it...did not like it.

Like Batman Begins. One of my all time favs.
But The Dark Knight, even though it has the brilliant efforts of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker, I didn't like the overall experience.