View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A very interesting question.

I was 'conditioned' to follow the Hindu path and understand Lord Shiva as being 'God' or what you would call "Oneness" and others would call "Brahman".

I had a preconceived notion of the Deity based on Hindu epics and stories and yet the very definition of an omnipresent and omniscient being surpassed all that I only 'thought' I knew and Shiva was much more than any epic/scripture could even begin to define.

The whole mental concept of Deity is what we call "saguna" or "that which is understood through the mind according to attributed perception" however, I fell in love and I fell hard.

Through love, meditation, worship I understood Shiva in full essence...experienced that which people call Brahman/Oneness/Void and the many names and labels people have given to it, over any actuality OF it.

Yet, even after having that whole realisation, I went back to worshiping Shiva in a 'form' that my mind and heart could actually 'make sense of'...but it was totally different than before.

It was like that saying "first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is"
http://thetattooedbuddha.com/2015/11...ess-of-things/

This is why I post all these things I do on here and I hope it answers your question.

Understood. Thanks Shivani. Nice to talk with you again to.