View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I don't believe anyone is trying to 'romanticize' death, rather dispel the fear, dread and distress of it. Replacing it with truth and light and understanding.

Many here have spoken of having lost their fear of death. One must ask 'why?' Because those who sought to promote truth and light and understanding by publicizing NDEs, death-bed visions, communication from beyond and so forth, have dispelled their fear, dread and distress.

So to promote the truth about survival of the spirit and the continuity of life is very necessary to counter the misleading stance and teaching of Orthodoxy.

Oh, no, I wasn't really referring to people on this forum. Perhaps I've met an abnormal amount of people who romanticize death and dying. (It's quite possible.) Still, though, I don't think any of us can truly predict how we, personally will react and how we will feel when we're dying.

But I agree with you. Especially considering how the matter of death is danced around and practically ignored in many western countries. Hardly any real heartfelt conversation or acceptance (generally speaking)-- just fear and avoidance.

*sighs* This all makes me wish I had become a hospice nurse like I originally wanted to be. For those that are about to give birth, you have doulas and midwives; there ought to be far more equivalent options here in the western part of the world for those that are dying. Since, after all, death is a sort of birth.