Thread: How do u cope?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It depends on what you've experienced. I would say with most things you can just go on with your life like normal. You just have that experience, and it's just another memory, although if it's 'supernatural' it's a little different than other memories.

If it's trauma/abuse though, you need help to be able to recover. Otherwise you will have a tough life if you don't have therapy, a support system, learning self care, meditation, yoga, etc.

Some things like seeing an alien can be traumatizing too, and I think the best thing is just to not focus on it too much. Not denying it, or trying block it out of the mind, because that will just make it worse, but to just not focus on it, especially before you go to bed.

Seawolf gave good advice above. Just wanted to add, from experience, that one has to tread carefully to not remove oneself from the everyday living experiences no matter how mundane they may feel after experiencing things such as visions for example. I once became so engrossed with the paranormal that it bordered on paranoia. It also occupied too much of my attention to the detriment of others around me that didn't understand what I was experiencing.

I think the conclusion I came to was that the phenomenal occurrences I experienced didn't need to consume me over other responsibilities, which also include carrying on with relationships with others despite their lack of belief in my experiences. I learned to let things stay warm on the back burner, but not let it boil over into everyday life. After all, most unexplained phenomenon (everything from visions to supernatural or paranormal events) just can't hurt one as long as one doesn't let these types of things take over their life.

As for traumatic things that cause mental anguish, I agree with Seawolf, that those things are in a different category altogether and need to be addressed with diligence as pain and suffering is a reality in life and can't just be brushed under the rug.