View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 04:06 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

(38) Jesus said,

"Often you desired to hear these words
            that I am speaking to you,
and you have no one else to hear them from.

There will be days when you will look for me
            and you will not find me."

BigJohn,

I know that I have already responded to this scripture but I feel the need to elaborate. Anyone after reading this scripture should ask themselves: "How does one find Jesus-God-Spirit when I need this ?"

First, know what you are looking for. John 1:1 tells us...."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 4:24...…"God is spirit"

1 Corinthians 6:19....."Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you ?"

Matthew 6:6....."But when you pray, go into your inner room, and having shut your door, pray to your Father, the One in secret. And your Father, the One seeing in secret, will reward you."

Obviously your 'inner room' is not a physical place and shutting the door is shutting the door to your normal 5 senses. When we are in connection with the Spirit there is no one else to hear from. It must come only from the Spirit.

Sometimes the unspoken question is the one that we should be asking ourselves. We must recognize God in his essential self.....not some conception of a physical being.