View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 04:55 PM
Master
Sutra 1.14

14. drisyam sariram //

This entire perceived world is his own self.

or

His own body is just like an object to him.

""These are two ways this sutra is to be translated. One, this whole objective world is his own self and two, his own body is an object. In the first way of translating this sutra, emphasis is on the reality that because he is one with every being, he perceives the perceived world of objects, the objective world, as his own self.

In the second way of translating this sutra, the yogi's perception of his body as an object is stressed. But here the perception of his body as an object is not perceiving his body in a subjective way, as we do. Our perception of our body is suggested in such statements as, "I am strong, I am very weak." But who is weak? The self is not weak. Because the body is weak, you say I am weak. You perceive your body as one with your own I consciousness. But this yogi does not. He perceives his own body, and not only this body, but the gross body of wakefulness, the body of the dreaming state, the body of sound sleep and body of voidness, as an external object."

Such yogi perceives all objects of the external & internal world as limbs of his own body:

"Because of the thought (aham idam) "I am this whole universe," whatever object he perceives in the objective world, whether it is existing internally or externally, he perceives as one with the limbs of his own body of I conscious being. So, by this great achievement of supreme I consciousness, just like sadasiva, he experiences this whole universe, in an undifferentiated way, as the limbs of his own body of I consciousness. Hence, whether in his body or in the external world, such a yogi has the perception of oneness everywhere."

Universe manifests from I consciousness which is Bhairava:

"Just as waves are not separate from water, just as the flames are not separate from fire, just as rays are not separate from the sun, in the same way, all the currents and flows of the universe have come into manifestation from Me, that I consciousness which is Bhairava" (Vijnana Bhairava 110)

Objective world is one with subjective world:

"Subjective energy is established in objective energy. Objective energy is no other than subjective energy. This objective world is one with the subjective world. Therefore, this is the kingdom of the subjective world, not the objective world. (Spanda Karika 2.4)"