View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
[...] I performed several deepening techniques on myself and gauged my level of trance state each time. I think this is easier when you've been hypnotized by another person several times. You become used to what it feels like.

So when I say deep, deep or very, very, I just mean that I had surpassed the level that I am in when I meditate and talked myself through several more deepening scripts and brought myself to what I consider an extremely deep level. The level you are in hypnosis where your conscious mind is out of the way.

Seems odd, I know, to have your conscious mind out of the way but yet having it gauge how I'm doing :) But if you've ever been hypnotized, you may have an understanding of the portion of your brain that I call "the witness". You can be very deep in hypnosis and yet the witness is always taking stock of what is happening. I just cultivated that portion of my mind so I can be deep and yet managing the hypnotic state, as well.

I don't understand the difference between the conscious mind and what you call "the witness"? I know that even when very deep, I am quite aware, and have assumed it is my conscious mind that is aware and watching.

I have trigger words for different levels of trance. In addition I've been listening to Ultradepth induction recordings on YouTube (and just found some new ones by James Ramey) Once I get there I am so extremely relaxed, that I'm completely passive and very openly suggestible. So how do (either of you) manage to do any communication in that state, if you say it is so deep? I'm definitely not managing the state when it is that deep, I am way "out" and just listening to the voice.

And I would also like to ask how you gauge your depth of trance yourself? Isn't this normally done with tests the hypnotist performs? I can tell when I am deeper than other times, but how can you judge discrete levels of trance yourself?

I would so love to do what you two are able to do.... How would I go about learning that?