View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
Orgainc Born also have a description of awakening below, and from this perspective, the words are perfectly accurate and relevant for the topic. But I have a different idea of 'awakening' where knowledge isn't optional.. awakening grants knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Awakening implies remembering.

We could have had a debate about the meaning of 'awakening', but I can see that this is an issue with semantics rather than any disagreement in what's taking place.
"Awakening" is always a good thing to discuss. :) And yet you are correct, the subject is often more semantically explored.. while I tend explore it's implications as a more tactile experience. We are all currently awakened to some degree. I notice you and you notice me, so a certain degree of awakening is required for such an identity process to take place.

It's in the attempt to describe what an awakened person should look/feel like is where we tend to run into confusion.

To me it's not words or ideas. It's presence. As we flush-out the mental imagery, and the words that they're wrapped in, we awaken to our-presence-of-being. Now to read this it all sounds semantic. While the experience itself is absent of such complexity. The experience is just awakening to our ongoing self.

Then, there's the idea of 'just-being' as an experience of pure boredom. I thought this at first until the implications settled-in as this experience of continual-presence deepened. I'm finding we have full access to our memory, only we don't need to remind ourself of anything to gain access to this memory. If we've taken the time to explore a particular subject we don't need to keep this at the surface of our thoughts. When we 'need' the information it will surface quite naturally, in response to direct stimulus, and will drift back into the quite space when the stimulus recedes. We don't need to continually identify with information, so we don't need to clutter our thoughts with such obsessions.

When information is important we can engage and apply it, when the importance recedes we let-it-go.

So "awakening/awakened" itself is not an intellectual process, nor is it based on the titles we give it. It's this organic experience of who we are on an on-going basis, quite free of the complications of mentally derived images. :)