View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
Hi Crystal,

My love for the moon does not reach that far to feel like "I am embraced by a loving mother"(now, I want an embrace from my loving mum) but, it does have that good, positive, energetic impact on me but, I cannot say that it is always nice to be woken up by it as today at 1.40 a.m.

How do I explain it?. Unfortunately, I cannot explain everything and this one of them.

What I know for certain, as far as my grandmother and the church as well as what she said or was saying to me about the moon and negativd influence of it on certain people is that, this did not come from the church.

The church would not have allowed and did not allow any beliefs in the moons or the stars, the only thing that was acceptable was the belief in God and nothing else other than this so, definitely this was not coming from the church.

My grandmother was not only one who believed this but, the whole community at the time as a whole.
Glad to hear you can enjoy the moon :)
Many of these negative beliefs were spread by church to get and keep people away from their pagan roots and beliefs. Fear is a great way of doing that and as such ensuring that with time they only turn to church and their god.
They've done this with many old pagan traditions, like Halloween which originally wasn't fear based at all, fairies and so on. And things they couldn't get people to change their minds about they altered and allowed in as part of church like all soul's day and all saint's day. And even Mary in Catholic church as people were used to having a Goddess and female deities. Easier to have people follow by giving them a female to replace that with.

Anyhow, I'm hoping tomorrow is going to feel good too!
I didn't see the moon tonight, just a bit too cloudy.