View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
First off, my condolences for your loss, I know how difficult and painful it can be

The sense I get here is that you're aware of the grief, which is a natural part of the healing process, but you're reluctant to surrender to it, which is entirely understandable - it's very human to try to move away from the pain and towards a more desirable state. But grief only creates suffering when it's resisted, and the funny thing is, when we try to cut ourselves off from grief, we also tend to cut ourselves off from love, too.

So my advice would be to take a few deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth, in order to relax, soften, and weaken any resistance to the grief that there might be, and then turn towards the grief, allow it to penetrate you completely.

I wish you luck, and I'll leave you with this quote by Osho that I love :

Hi A Human Being

You got it in one. Until now, I have been completely reluctant to surrender to the grief, as it's overwhelming. I am in a place now where I sense I am ready to be brave and work through the grief, yet I am also still trying to control the tidal wave of emotion. As you say, a few deep breaths to relax, then allow the grief to have a respectful space.

Slowly, slowly...

Thanks so much for your kind words of wisdom.