View Single Post
Old 17-11-2017, 12:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
I would agree that NDE can't be see as prove of an after life, but there are many examples of people who to all intents and purposes did die and then "came" back.
I'm not too sure what actually constitutes death because medical science has fixed criteria as to death and many patients pronounced dead by the medical profession have suddenly returned to life. Even brain activity is not a sound indicator of life as again people have regained consciousness having previously shown no "recorded" brain activity.
I sometimes think that cells can go into a dormant or hibernation like stage due to shock or an abnormal event. If they stay in that state they will eventually cease to function and die. The body can then be thought of as truly dead, and decay will set in. But this may be days after the official verdict is given by the medical profession. The body I believe is under the control of something not fully understood by man. We have conveniently called it the soul but it has the power of life and death over the body. I believe that if the soul for whatever reason decides to "reactivate" the body and the cells are still capable of activation then life will again be seen in that body.
That could be so, but unlikely, when the blood supply to the brain is cut of for more than five or so minutes it is then brain dead, it will never become alive again. Nothing magical happens to the body, in cases where people seemed dead were actually not dead, most of these NDE stories never hold up under scientific investigation, the stories are mostly exaggerated when looked into.