View Single Post
Old 27-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Experiencer

Random thoughts about bliss. And being a Capricorn.

How does a Capricorn experience bliss? Is it possible? Seems like a matter / anti-matter reaction or something would be a likely result.

I've been re-thinking my attitude torward bliss after the discussions that running started. There was something about bliss that always bothered me. I hate to say it but the best way to describe it for me as a Capricorn is to say that bliss seems like an irresponsible waste of time :)

Not that there is anything wrong with bliss for others. If it makes you happy then more power to you. But for me at least it seems like I would be disappointed if most of what I felt was bliss. What's the point? I'm guessing this sounds completely batty to a non-Capricorn. Anyhow I'm glad running talked about it and made it sound like something very practical. You could have bliss and get things done! How nice! Now that is something I can finally relate to.

I also recently realized I may need to re-consider my expectations about what bliss would feel like. I may have even experienced it without knowing. I think Capricorns have a sort of Confucian perspective on bliss. That means bliss is more like the peace that happens when thoughts, emotions, and life in general approaches a state or orderliness. So more like background contentment than some extreme feeling of joy and happiness.

This would be a state of mind where you can let go of the past mistakes. And also one where you can stop looking at the ideal future that taunts, with the idea that somehow if you work hard enough you will approach perfection.

But of course that perfection never comes so you just continue on for another day and pretend it does not bother you, or at least try not to show it. As others mentioned. So I guess bliss for a Capricorn is to just keep rolling along and not caring so much about progress, while also working very hard at the same time to make progress.

Wondering if fellow Capricorns can relate?